Hive Fleet Hades


The big news today is the arrival of Hive Fleet Hades as a trade-in. It's a studio army now.

See some pics.

Tomorrow is paint fest and I plan on going over them minutely for touchups, refurb and improvement. I may darken the skin areas just a bit. They are done in one of my favorite color schemes. The army is solid and fun to play. It is based on proven mechanics-- lots of gribblies and lots of shots. It's loaded with twin-linked devourers. I think that's the only thing any of the critters has.

Want to know what's in it?

Unit Name
QTY
Tyranid Hive Tyrant
3
Tyranid Tyrant Guard
4
Tyranid Warrior
9
Tyranid Spine Gaunts
60
Tyranid Ravener
6
Tyranid Spore Mine
9
Tyranid Zoanthrope
3
Tyranid Carnifex
3





When I first started 40K, the second edition of Warhammer 40K Tyranids were just out and I bought some of these hideous eyesores:

I tried to put them together with two part epoxy glue I got from a hardware store which was an absolute nightmare. I also primed the army with black enamel paint, which was hideous and ineffective beyond belief. My color scheme was bone colored carapace and bright purple skin. At least I had a decent color scheme, though I use the word "decent" liberally here.
.

I had about 60 of those metal hormagaunts. That was a lot of gaunts for 2nd edition! I had a load of fun with them-- making little scenarios pitting them against imperial guard. I even had the army through '97 when I had my game shop.
.
A footnote here about Politics. I am taking a short sabbatical. I need to read more. I need to get the basics of the Consitution down.
.
In other business-related news, I will be clearing out my Inbox on Saturday. I apologize for any delay in getting back to clients for various matters. There are only a few in there, but I just ran out of steam. And tomorrow is Paint Fest!
.
I am currently booking project for February, mid-to-late-month for completion.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online