Friday night I could hardly sleep. I kept having dreams about the convention coming up on Saturday. I woke up at 3:30am and couldn't go back to sleep, so I plowed under some emails and got ready for departure by 6:00am. It was like Christmas. So needless to say I was pretty wiped out Saturday night. I got a really good night's sleep.
It was a typical Sunday, which you have heard from me time and again. Of course there are always details. My wife and kids stayed home on account of relatives over. Well, really just laziness. A lazy Sunday morning turned into an entire day. I went and got recharged. I went home teaching solo afterward.
I dream of a day when my workers (and hopefully my children) will not be robbed by the politically well-connected to the Federal Government. All taxes are ultimately and invisibly redistributed out among the common folk. Make no mistake, there is no such thing as taxing the rich or taxing companies-- the same mechanisms that allow them to make the profit to begin allow expenses to be passed on to the worker/consumer.
In short, I dream of freedom. It's a pain. It will require me to be more responsible.
- Abolishment of the Federal Reserve and the charter of the Banks to inflate the money supply through fractional reserve banking.
- Institution of full reserve banking.
- Institution of commodity-backed money and competing currencies.
- Complete abolishment of the IRS and the income tax to be replaced with nothing. It is an insult to me as a citizen and as a human that I have to keep records to prove my innocence. That a low-level bureaucrat could turn my family's life upside down without probable cause or trial.
- The Federal Government is reduced to one fifth current size. Cut functions disappear or are moved to the states, or even better to the cities.
- Federal Revenue comes (almost?) entirely from tariffs. Foreigners pay for our government.